You should consider more than just appearance when buying sneakers. You should also think about comfort and keeping your feet in excellent health. This is the ultimate guide to picking a pair of sneakers, whether you’re heading to the basketball court or meeting up at a café.
To begin, here are a few tips for choosing the best pair of sneakers:
- Get shoes that complement your present wardrobe: What good is buying the latest “hype” style if it doesn’t match your personal style? Don’t just get on the trend train.
- Choose shoes that match your existing attire rather than forcing you to replace your complete wardrobe.
- On a rainy day, darker sneakers are ideal.
- Get a pair of high-top sneakers if you’re going to play basketball.
- If you’re going to run, look for sneakers with cutting-edge technology. Get a pair of canvas sneakers for skating.
- No matter how cool your shoes are, if they aren’t spotless, the impression will be gone. Washing the laces, removing smells, cleaning the outsoles, and utilizing shoe trees and sneaker shields are all part of proper sneaker care.
- Sneakers are extremely adaptable, but they aren’t a replacement for formal shoes. You can wear them with almost any off-duty outfit – including certain informal, unstructured suits – but they’re not appropriate for every occasion. It’s better to be overdressed than underdressed.
Selecting New Sneakers
When you go shoe shopping for new ones, bring your old running shoes with you. Discuss what you like and don’t like about your shoes with the salesman. Try on a variety of shoe brands and styles to discover what you like and don’t like about them. As you move around, put on your socks and insoles.
- Bend near your toes at the ball of your foot
- Between your longest toe and the end of the shoe, allow some space
- When you step, do not let your heel move up and down
- Make sure your foot is not sliding by bracing it
Types of feet
When choosing sneakers it is important not only to pick your favorite design but to also consider how your foot type can influence your choice. You have to make sure that you choose the most comfortable sneakers, and part of the process is choosing the appropriate design for your foot type. Here are some of the most common foot types:
- Flat feet
- High arches
- Neutral feet
If you don’t have a visible arch, you likely have flat feet. The arch is the area between your fingers and your heel. If this is the case you should choose sneakers that have strong heel support. These types of sneakers usually have a lot of foam in the middle part of the sneakers, making them more comfortable for those of us with flat feet.
Your feet will be more inflexible if there is a considerable distance between your feet and the floor. If you have high arches it is important to have shoes that support that area. Especially if you are picking sports sneakers.
People with neutral feet usually have an arch that is a little high, and mostly flat. This is a great advantage because it means that most shoes will often be very comfortable. Therefore you do not need to worry about picking shoes with a lot of arch support.
Your feet will be more inflexible if there is a considerable distance between your feet and the floor. You’ll need a flexible running shoe with arch support that supports your middle foot on the impact of each stride.
Parts of sneakers
These terms can be used to identify how the shoe feels on your foot and to identify what you like and dislike.
- Heel counter: The strong support material that wraps around the back of your heel to provide stability.
- Upper shoe: The part of the shoe where you tie the laces around your foot.
- Outer sole: It is the very bottom layer of the shoe, where the tread is located.
- Midsole: The areas of your shoe between the tread and the upper shoe absorb the most shock for your foot.
- Toe box: The space in the shoe that allows your toes to fit.
Things to Avoid While Buying Foot Wear
- Too much padding
- Cushioning that is thicker at the heel and thinner at the toes
- Inserts for extra arch support
- Padding that is too soft
Suede sneakers go well with light jeans, a T-shirt, a jacket, and sunglasses for a classic look. If your suede sneakers are a neutral color, you can pair them with a variety of contrasting colors. They are elegant, usually waterproof, breathable.
It is difficult to turn down a nice pair of leather shoes. Real leather is long-lasting, elegant, and typically expensive but well worth it because quality leather shoes will last you a long time. It goes well with jeans and is long-lasting, easy to clean, and waterproof. During the summer, you might get hot in them.
These shoes are breathable, washable, and everlasting. White is easily stained and prone to tearing. Canvas shoes are popular among runners, skaters, and hot days due to their breathability.
Sneakers by Height
High Top Sneakers
Stilettos are a style of a high-heeled shoe. Since the early 2000s, a particular style is known as “bootie stilettos” has been fashionable. Stilettos normally cover the majority of the feet until they reach the ankles.
Retro high-top sneakers are recognized for their comfort and style, which is why they remain popular today. Because of its unusual style, many people would regard vintage high-top sneakers to be stylish. This season, go for some unusual-looking Nike retro high-top shoes to look attractive.
Low top sneakers
Low-top athletic shoes are lighter and less supportive. The mechanical support and strengthening action provided by high tops is lacking in the low-top sneakers.
In 2022, we’ll see a lot of new shoe trends that are not only fashionable but also extremely wearable. Platform sneakers are one such trend. A platform is a great eye-catching detail that also increases your height by a few centimeters.
However, overall stability may be lacking, so low-top sneakers should be used for more physically demanding tasks.
Final guidelines for selecting the best pair of sneakers
- Choose a well-known brand.
- It’s not always a smart idea to base decisions on size.
- Don’t take the stuff for granted. Suede, leather, canvas, and rubber all have varied characteristics that influence how comfortable they are to wear.
- Always keep your sneakers clean.
I am a fashion enthusiast who loves to blog about the latest trends. I believe that fashion should be fun and accessible to everyone, by striving to provide my readers with the latest news and information about the fashion industry, as well as advice on how to style the latest trends.